Sunday, December 24, 2006

christmas eve

I’ve been trying to sort out papers for my 2 eldest daughters since September. Due to postal problems/delays from England and Syria, I think I have finally done it. I went to the Ministry of Education and this is in Baghdad Street. It comprises of about 4 buildings and each time I went to 1 of these buildings they would direct me to another. I must have spent an hour going up and down stairs like a lost puppy BUT I think I’ve completed it. They asked me to come back after 2 days. So as far as I’m concerned, as I no longer have the papers in my possession then there is nothing left for me to. Once I’ve got these papers, my daughters places can be registered at the Ministry of Education which means that their exam results can be sent to them officially. They have, in effect, been in limbo since September 10th. This is exciting news actually!!


I also went to the Maroor which is the Transport Department. I have been driving without a license for about 3 months which is, for some reason, a prisonable offence. I was caught twice, within 10 minutes, for not having a license but managed to ‘sort’ myself out. I have a UK license but Syria is one of the few countries that doesn’t allow a UK citizen of Syrian descent to drive a car with Syrian number plates. Anyway, I need to register at a driving school for SYP4600 (about £45) and then pay SYP600 (about £6) to get my license, so I will start the process tomorrow.
What fun I will have….

No comments: