Thursday, February 22, 2007

yet more thieves and daylight robbery

Today I had my first teaching lesson in English where I was giving some spoken tuition to a Muhajireen lad about 23 or 24. Turned out he was a crook as he had no intention of paying me my $12 per hour. Other tutorers are charging $20 per hour and my rate was very reasonable for a native speaker. His mother didn't think so and payed me $6 for the 90 minutes saying that I said the first hour would be free to grade BUT I actually said the first 1/2 hour and she wasn't even there when I said this and aqlso other teachers in newspapers charge $5 an hour. I said that they're not teaching English and they're not native speakers, they're not designing lessons but using the school textbook but she wasn't bothered.

Lesson learnt - get money at start of lesson!

Their names and address will be provided upon request.

No comments: